For those of you who use Flickr, you probably know about the statistics page where you can check out how many views you've had on a particular day, how people get to your photos, and other interesting tidbits. On a whim, I decided to see what my most viewed photos of all time were and share them with you. As of Jan 15, 2014, below are the top five from my photo stream.
1. July 24, 2010 – Daintre Christensen – 2049 views
Daintre is one of the faces on Global TV’s morning show during the week (traffic). She was also the emcee/host at the Heels on Wheels event put on by Global and the Edmonton Indy back in 2010. I had won two free passes to this “behind the scene” event and took my friend Jenn with me (she was SUPER into cars).
2. August 7, 2013 – Bald Girl Running – 1470 viewsI started running again this past summer and decided to go for a “selfie” following a run on the treadmill. Not sure why this gets so many hits but it’s very popular.
3. July 29, 2012 – Dinner – 1287 views
Again, a bit confused. This is not one of my best meals or even one of my best food shots but it’s the most popular of all my food-related photographs. FYI, zucchini on pizza is one of the best things ever. Just saying.
4. November 1, 2005 – Right Leg – 954 Views
My favourite tattoo (I have four) and also my largest. Bear’s Skin Art in Edmonton.
5. August 7, 2013 – Socks! – 938 Views
These are great summer/indoor running socks: thin, lightweight, breathable. I love them (I have 4 pairs!). Why are they so popular? No clue.
So there you go. Not as many views as other photographers out there but the numbers make me happy. I have a steady average number of viewers everyday which is nice. I’m definitely hoping to get out and take more photos this year so perhaps I’ll take a shot that will outdo Ms. Christensen’s photo. Interesting tidbit - food pics and shots of my bald head make up the majority of my 20 most viewed photos.