Has it really been 5 years (OMG) since the last installment of my interview series? Yes, apparently it has. We're back with a pair of new interviews of the not so Rich and Famous. First up, my good friend, Robyn, who I had the pleasure to become real life friends with after meeting through blogging. You can read her fabulous blog, The Edmonton Tourist. Robyn is one of those amazing friends that I only see in person every 3-4 months but we always pick up right where we left off as though we had just talked the day before. She continually inspires me to push myself further, to believe in myself, and not take shit from anyone. We joke about the most inappropriate things and laugh until we're in tears. Heck, when we first met, over a cup of tea and a slice of pumpkin cheesecake (hold the walnuts!), we talked about certain parts of your anatomy ... um ... you know ... um ... rubbing ... irritating ... when you run ... ah ... so ... alright! We talked about butt chafing! Ok? Butt chafing! That's the kind of friend she is! Don't judge us; its a common runner problem. Anyways, I should probably move on to the interview before I get myself in trouble. Without further ado, please enjoy learning a bit more about what makes Robyn tick.
- Name, occupation, favourite running medal.
Robyn National Events Project Manager my first Half Marathon Finisher Medal 08/11.
- Garden gnomes are taking over the world and only you can save the human race. How do you do it?
Smash them with rocks and my slingshot.
- If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be and who would sing it?
Darth Vader's Theme.
- If health/cost were not an issue, and you could run any marathon/half marathon in the world, which one would you choose, what would be the celebratory drink of choice and how much trouble would you get into post-race?
New York Marathon, Le Chouffe and I'd crash Mark Ruffalo's home. He lives close to the finish line.
- You have to hide a dead body. Now!
Roll in carpet toss into neighbors yard- he's so messy no one will ever find it.
- Why do you love Disney so very much?
When I was 6 I sat on Main Street with my dad to watch the Electrical Parade. It is one of my favourite memories of my dad. Walking into Disneyland takes me back instantly to that moment.
- If you could have any famous person (not including Donald Trump) locked in a room so that you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?
Jann Arden - talking smack because she'd give it right back and that would make me laugh.
- What is your favourite swear word? Use it in a sentence. Explain why it is the king/queen of all expletives.
OH FOR FUCKSAKES. It's satisfying because my mom gets so shocked by me using it. I then remind her I'm 48 and can say whatever the fuck I please.
- A loud noise wakes you from a deep sleep. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by mummies. They aren't doing anything, just standing around your bed. What do you do?
Roll over and go back to sleep. I covet sleep above all else.
- Why do men have nipples?
To make their pecks look good....duh
- In the fruit salad of life, which fruit are you?
Tomato. Not quite like I seem.
- A crazy “doctor” travels through time and space in a ship disguised as a British police call box. Why? Try to convince me this is even remotely entertaining.
The kitschy B movie horror films are hilarious and the Doctor is surrounded by terrible props, fakery and bad sets. The writing is clever and promotes kindness. It embraces diversity and uniqueness. Besides, BBC has 5 actors, 3 sets and 1 tie, that makes it fun to spot stuff.
- At last count, how many pairs of running shoes do you currently own and how do you possibly decide what pair to wear on any given day?
I have reduced my collection to 37. I wear 1 pair more than others because they are the most comfortable- shout out to Saucony ISO Triumph ! I also have collector sneakers- Kinvaras from Ireland, Triumphs from NYC Marathon. I want the Brooks Nantucket for the Boston Marathon.
- You’ve been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. What did you do to earn it and who is the third person you thank?
I wrote a novel that was read the world over on the Tao of Muppets. How following the Muppet Religion is all inclusive and accepting. The 3rd person I thank is Frank Oz because Jim Henson was the second.
- Design your own unique beer. Describe its flavour, its name, and the label. Is it beer-y?
It is a dark ale and crisp with a hint of coffee. It's name is Danger and yes it's hoppy.